SANTA MONICA 5000

I'm very impressed with this team! Congratulations to all of you for your incredible achievements!I have been out recovering from injuries. BUT now...I'm ramping up again. I am starting with the shorter races so I will be ready to conquer WildFlower this year. I ran the Santa Monica 5000 this weekend. The course is flat and interesting to run. There is a small loop on the last mile, so I had the opportunity to see the Elite runners finish. The man who ran a 14.06 5k won a cash purse.

I ran a 23.40 and won 3rd place in my division. That was really great because I haven't added any speed workouts to my running program. I have only been running flat roads (watching my heart rate and pace) and doing endurance strength weights each week. I'm starting hills this week and will then add track workouts.

Is anyone interested in track workouts during the winter time? I'm going to run the Venice Christmas 5k. Any takers?
=)
Emma